English | 2020 | ISBN: B085DQ919Z | 631 pages | pdf, epub | 9.6 MB
A Systematic Approach to Learn the Principles, Paradigms and Applications of Internet of Things
● IoT applications in various sectors like Education, Smart City, Politics, Healthcare, Agriculture, etc.
● Adoption of the IoT technology and strategies for various sectors
● To present case studies and innovative applications of the IoT
● To analyze and present the state of the art of the IoT and related technologies and methodologies
● To propose new models, practical solutions and technological advances of the IoT
In this book, Principles, Paradigm frameworks, and Applications of IoT (Internet of Things) in the modern era are presented. It also provides a sound understanding of the IoT concepts, architecture, and applications, and improves the awareness of readers about IoT technologies and application areas. A key objective of this book is to provide a systematic source of reference for all aspects of IoT. This book comprises nine chapters with close co-operation and contributions from four different authors, spanning across four countries and providing a global, broad perspective on major topics on the Internet of Things.
What will you learn
● Become aware of the IoT components, their connectivity to form the IoT altogether, and future possibilities with IoT.
● Understand how the various components of cloud computing work together to form the basic architecture of cloud computing.
● Examine the relationship between the various layers in the IoT architecture.
● Understand the programming framework for the Internet of Things (IoT) and various programming paradigms.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for professionals, researchers, instructors, and designers of a smart system, who will benefit from reading this book.
Table of Contents
1. IoT Introduction
2. IoT Architectures and Protocols
3. Programming Framework for IoT
4. Virtualization and IoT
5. Security, Privacy and Challenges in IoT
6. IoT Applications Areas
7. IoT and Cloud
8. Smart City Using IoT integration
9. Case Studies
10. Important Key Terms
About the Author
Dr Kamlesh Lakhwani works as an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India. He has an excellent academic background and a rich experience of 13+ years as an academician and researcher in Asia.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-kamlesh-lakhwani-7119944b/
Dr Hemant Kumar Gianey obtained his PhD from Rajasthan; M.Tech (CSE) from the Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Rajasthan; and B.E. from the Rajasthan University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Presently, he is working as a Post-Doctoral Researcher in the National Chen Kung University of Taiwan, and as a lecturer at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India. He has about 15 years’ experience (8 years in teaching and 7 years in the industry).
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-hemant-kumar-gianey-05174186/
Joseph Kofi Wireko is a full-time faculty member at the Faculty of IT-Business of the Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) in Accra, and Research Fellow in the Aalborg University, Denmark. He has over 20 years’ experience in Academics, Industries, and Research work in Africa and Europe. He holds a Master of Science degree (MSc.) in International Marketing and Strategy from the Norwegian School of Management (BI).
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-wireko-19048a14/
Kamal Kant Hiran works as an Assistant Professor in the School of Engineering at the Sir Padampat Singhania University (SPSU), Udaipur, Rajasthan, India, and also as a Research Fellow at the Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kamal-kant-hiran-4553b643/