English | 2021 | ISBN: B08ZT39HLD | 364 pages | epub | 35.06 MB
Plan, design, deploy, and administer the solutions available in VxRail Appliance
- Learn how to plan and design the VxRail HCI system
- Understand VxRail’s administration, lifecycle management, and cluster scale-out
- Explore migration methodologies for VxRail systems
Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) can help you simplify the provisioning and daily operations of computing and storage. With this book, you’ll understand how HCI can offload the day 0 deployment and day-to-day operations of a system administrator. You’ll explore the VxRail Appliance, which is an HCI solution that provides lifecycle management, automation, and operational simplicity.
Starting with an overview of the VxRail Appliance system architecture and components, you’ll understand the benefits of the VxRail system and compare it with the environment of traditional servers and storage. As you advance, the book covers topics such as disaster recovery and active-active and active-passive solutions for VxRail.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the confidence to manage the deployment, administration, planning, and design of a VxRail system.
What you will learn
- Set up the hardware and software requirements for a VxRail installation
- Monitor the status of VxRail appliances with the VxRail Manager plugin
- Get to grips with all the administration interfaces used to manage the VxRail appliance
- Understand vCenter roles and permissions management in the VxRail cluster
- Discover best practices for vSAN configuration in the VxRail cluster
- Find out about VxRail cluster scale-out rules and how to expand the VxRail cluster
- Deploy active-passive solutions for VxRail with VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
Who this book is for
If you are a system architect, system administrator, or consultant involved in planning and deploying VxRail HCI or want to learn how to use VxRail HCI, then this book is for you. Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server will be helpful.