English | 2021 | ISBN: B095XLCM2X | 707 pages | pdf | 15.11 MB
Design of Thermal Energy Systems
Pradip Majumdar, Northern Illinois University, USA
A comprehensive introduction to the design and analysis of thermal energy systems
Design of Thermal Energy Systems covers the fundamentals and applications in thermal energy systems and components, including conventional power generation and cooling systems, renewable energy systems, heat recovery systems, heat sinks and thermal management. Practical examples are used throughout and are drawn from solar energy systems, fuel cell and battery thermal management, electrical and electronics cooling, engine exhaust heat and emissions, and manufacturing processes. Recent research topics such as steady and unsteady state simulation and optimization methods are also included.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to the design and analysis of thermal energy systems, covering fundamentals and applications.
- Includes a wide range of industrial application problems and worked out example problems.
- Applies thermal analysis techniques to generate design specification and ratings.
- Demonstrates how to design thermal systems and components to meet engineering specifications.
- Considers alternative options and allows for the estimation of cost and feasibility of thermal systems.
- Accompanied by a website including software for design and analysis, a solutions manual, and presentation files with PowerPoint slides.
The book is essential reading for: practicing engineers in energy and power industries; consulting engineers in mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering; and senior undergraduate and graduate engineering students.